Week 3: Famous Last Words

This week I want to reflect on things that I am learning in other classes that might be beneficial to this class and my storybook project. I am currently taking a digital design class in Gaylord where we are working specifically with Adobe Illustrator right now. My upcoming project in the next two weeks will be to design an original valentines day card on my own. I am very excited to explore this side of my creativity in the same way I am excited to explore my creative side with the storybook project. I feel like I have made great progress this week in developing my storybook ideas. As I have said before I am obsessed with my animals and I cannot wait to write about them more throughout the course of this semester. This course has helped me to miss them less as I am writing about them more and remembering memories and funny things that they have done! I really cannot wait to start developing my storybook further and sharing stories about my beloved pets.


The Upper East Side, New York, New York (Photo by Me).

Next week I hope to fill out my first job applications, as graduation is less than 100 days away. This is something that makes me super anxious but also very excited. As I have said before I have big dreams of moving to New York City upon graduation from OU and applying to jobs is just one step closer for me to the big city! I cannot believe that the time has come for me to finally apply for jobs, it feels like just yesterday that I was in my first semester at OU as a bright eyed scared freshmen. Time flies so for anyone who might stumble upon this post really soak up every moment you have in college because you can blink and in 98 days you'll be graduating and starting your life in the real world.

Comments

  1. Glad to see that writing about your pets helps you miss them less. As a result the entire class gets to know those animals without ever actually meeting them. Everyone is a dog lover at heart even if they say they aren't! I hope graduation goes well for you and you're able to find a good job in the next few months! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh I can't believe we are already under the 100 day mark. One one hand I feel like living in the dorms was a million years ago, but on the other it also feels like just the other day. I think this class is going to be great for reflecting back on our memories here at OU and help us create a place where we can write stories and keep a digital journal of these memories. Good luck with job applications!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omygosh, we are moving even closer towards graduation! I finally bought my graduation gown during Graduation Gear Up last week and man... It really hits you hard that you're graduation soon, especially when it felt like yesterday when you were just moving into the dorms. Have you figured out where you are going to live and stuff when you move to New York City? That's so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s really cool that writing about your pets and reminiscing on old times has helped you miss them less; I don’t think I would’ve thought of that, but it makes a lot of sense. I hope your application process has been going well! It’s both exciting and a little scary to be this close to graduation, but it sounds like you’ll be ready for it once it gets here. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maddie,
    It's great to know about your pets, and how involving them into another aspect of your life really makes you appreciate them more and miss them less. You're now less than 30 days away from graduation! How crazy is that? I appreciate the advice you have given for those of us who still have time left year. I have one more year left, and I plan to make the most of it. I hope all is going well in preparing for your post-graduation plans. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts