Reading Notes:Mahabharata Part B

For Part B from the Mahabharata reading I wanted to pick a different type of story than those that I typically go for. I normally like to pick stories that have a happier tone and seem to be cheery. This week I decided to pick a darker story, one that lacks to happy tones I typically go for. The story that I chose to write my reading notes over this week is The House of Fire.

  • The title of this story is what originally drew me to reading it further. I thought that it sounded interesting and turns out I was right. This story was all about the cruel and evil plot the Prince Duryodhana devised against Prince Vidura. 
  • I liked that this story was a classic I'm the bigger and the better brother story. Simply because Prince Vidura was born to a mother of not as high stature as the other princes he was always looked down upon. 
  • Prince Vidura was smart, smart enough to figure out the evil plan that had been devised against him. I liked that the brother who was never respected enough was smart enough to figure out that his half brother was out to get him. I think that that this shows someone as the underdog is capable of persevering and being the better person. 
  • I liked how there was a sort of decoy family that was left in place to make people think that they were Queen Kunti and the Pandavas. I think that this was an interesting plot twist and provided the reader something to grab onto. This also allowed Prince Duryodhana to believe that his plan had worked and that he was successful. 
The Padndavas great escape (Image Source).

Comments

Popular Posts