Reading Notes: Nine Ideal Indian Women

I chose to read the Nine Ideal Indian Women by Sunity Devee. I chose to read part A which was the story of Sita who stems from the Ramayana. I thought that this would be the more interesting choice since I had been drawn to the inclusion on Sita in the Ramayana readings that we started reading in week 2.


  • I liked this version because it provided a really in depth look into just who Sita was and it really involved her story. It was interesting to read things about her from a different perspective than we have been reading in the Ramayana readings.
  • This version provided a full circle look into the life of Sita and her feelings. I found it interesting to read about her experiences living in the castle. I also found the story of her exile to be interesting. 
  • This story was extremely in detail and full of different ideas. But it was harder for me to find inspiration in writing my own story from the story of Sita. I really like writing more upbeat happy stories and I did not really find ay moments throughout this story that would have inspired me to write about happy moments. 
  • For my storytelling post this week I am thinking about using my idea from my Monday reading notes to write. I was just not as inspired after reading this story as I was from the Monday reading. 
  • I did enjoy reading from a different perspective but I think I enjoyed the original Ramayana readings more than this version of the readings. There was opportunities for me to connect to shorter stories in the Ramayana that easily worked into my idea of incorporating my animals into my story telling posts.

Comments

Popular Posts