Reading Notes: Ramayana Part D

Ramas Coronation (Image Source).

For this part of the reading again I chose one of the shorter stories that I really enjoyed and identified with to take my reading notes over. I can't believe we are already finished reading the Ramayana, it feels like we just started reading it yesterday. I enjoyed these readings a lot more than I thought that I would and was able to find more to identify with or draw inspiration from than I ever imagined.

The shorter story that I really enjoyed this week was Rama Crowned King.


  • This story was so joyful. The people were happy and rejoicing that Rama was finally being crowned the king. This made the story more enjoyable to read, I don't enjoy the tough fighting stories as much as I do a happy story with a good ending. This story gave Rama the happy ending that he had been trying to achieve during the whole Ramayana.
  • I really liked when they placed the crown on Rama's head, it seemed like almost a moment that was too good to be true. There was also some really excellent rhyming in the story during these actions which made it much more exciting to read. 
  • This moment in time was described as being almost surreal and I definitely think that that made it easier to relate to than other moments. Everyone in their life will experience a surreal moment or a moment that almost seems to good to be true. I think that this story also has the makings of inspiring me to write something a little different but provides me with enough to inspire a story of my own. 
  • When thinking about drawing inspiration from this story I cannot write about someone being crowned king or queen but I would like to stick to my theme of incorporating my animals somehow. It might seem redundant or too much at times but writing about my animals allows me to use all of my creativity, whereas writing about humans I am not so creative. 
  • I think about the time when I was younger and we had just picked up our cat Hershey, he was a little white kitten with bright blue eyes. He was the only animal in the house at the time so we referred to him as king Hershey. My brother and I made him a red velvet box that looked like a little castle for him to sleep in. This might not relate directly but this is kind of where I think I want to take my story for this week.
  • Though I am not ruling out other story inspirations after I complete Tuesdays reading I might have some different ideas to roll with. 
I read the PDE Ramayana by multiple authors, that was offered to us online.

Comments

Popular Posts