Feedback Focus

Everyone needs feedback to improve (Image Source).


This week we were challenged again in the giving feedback area of my Epics of India course. I explored three different methods of giving feedback; reading out loud, copy and delete and using a timer. I definitely liked the copy and delete method the most out of the three. It allowed me to take detailed notes but also helped me to slow down and really pay attention to every single detail in the stories. With that being said I think that I could definitely combine the reading out loud and the copy and delete methods together because they both focus on paying attention to detail. They also allow me to take notes which is essential in remembering the exact things that I enjoyed or things that I would change about a story. I am not a huge fan of the use a timer method because I do not like the pressure of having to read at a certain pace or having to spend a certain amount of time on something. The timer puts pressure on me that I do not like and I feel like I pay more attention to the timer than I do to the story. I am a very visual person so sometimes reading on a computer is harder for me because I lack to ability to highlight or mark up the page as I would in a real book. With that said I have found something that helps me is to copy and paste the type into a word document and then highlight and leave sticky note comments where I feel they are needed. This provides me the visual aspect of learning that I really enjoy.

Comments

Popular Posts