Reading Notes: The Giant Crab and Other Tales from Old India

The Fairy's Flying Horse (Image Source).

The story that I chose to read for part three of this week reading comes from The Giant Crab and Other Tales from Old India. I decided to do some extra reading for this week and thought that The Goblin City sounded like an interesting story to read from my book of choice.

  • I do not really think that Goblins count as animals so this story was definitely different than stories that I have read from this book in the past.
  • The goblins would eat peoples husbands after they were tired of their marriage and this was definitely something that was different from stories of the past. This one start out pretty dark pretty quickly. 
  • These she-goblins were man eaters.. literally they would imprison the men that they no longer liked and would then slowly eat them so that they could start to put the new sailors that they had fooled into the prison so that one day they would be eaten too. 
  • I did not like how descriptive this story was, it talked a little to in depth about the people eating and about the she-goblins wanting to eat people. 
  • This story was very mystical and included a fairy who wanted to save the sailors from the she-goblins. This fairy rode on a flying horse, which I guess was supposed to be the animal element of this story. This horse was able to fit all the sailors on his back and was able to rescue them.
  • I did not like this story at all and I am sure that is easy to tell from my notes that I took on it. It was way to fake and would have never ever inspired me to write something similar. 
  • Check this one off the list as do not like and will not recommend to a friend. 

Comments

Popular Posts