Ramayana Choice

I am planning to read the public domain Ramayana that is available online. The factors that influenced my choice were that this version is available online and has writing from various authors. I am also interested in seeing the illustrations that accompany the information in this version of the Ramayana.

As far as what I am interested learning more about in this class, my answer would have to be religion. I am so fascinated by what people who practice other religions believe. I have never studied Hinduism or Buddhism, but they both are extremely interesting to me. I have studied Islam before as I did live in the Middle East for two and a half years when I was younger. I have learned how to write in Arabic as well.

Indian dance is another large interest that I have. As mentioned in my introduction post I have danced on and off for most of my life and I have been a huge fan of dancing shows. I love when shows feature dances from different countries around the world. Indian dance is definitely one of my favorite styles to watch because it is so upbeat the colors in the clothing and costumes are so vibrant. You can't help but be happy when you watch Indian dance.

Something that we might not discuss in this class but is apart of my life is Indian food. Since I have spent a large part of my life living overseas I have grown to love many different foods. Without a doubt, hands down one of my favorite meals is Indian curry. My mom has even perfected a recipe that we found online because we love it so much. I don't think there is ever a time where I am home visiting that we don't eat Indian curry. The spicier, the better.

This photo is Gajalakshmi (Photo Source).
I picked this photo because the elephant really spoke to me. Elephants with their trunks up have always been a sign of good luck. When I was little and competitive dancing we would give each other stuffed elephants with their trunks up before our performances. This photo also features bright colors which I love.

Comments

Popular Posts