Feedback Thoughts

A joke about constructive criticism (GIPH by GIPHY).


Feedback is one of the most important things in life and has been something that has been important in all of my online classes. I read four different articles, two about getting feedback and two about giving feedback. 
The two articles that were most beneficial to me were about getting feedback. I have always struggled with taking feedback with a light heart but also taking it to mind. I struggle with getting too upset or too hurt by feedback sometimes because I want my work to be the best that it possibly can be. What stood out to me the most was the statement in the Forbes article about how feeling uncomfortable is healthy and normal. The uncomfortable feelings help us grow and become better people. I think that this statement is something that I have needed to hear when it comes to some types of feedback. 

In my other classes feedback has been a large part of the class. As a Public Relations major we provide feedback to our peers and we are to take feedback from our professors. It was hard at first but it is something that we have had to learn to appreciate. Our peers and professors are not trying to hurt us or our feelings, they are trying to make us better and make our work the best it can be. 

I always like to add humor into my feedback, even if it has nothing to do with the actual feedback I am giving, a little humor helps loosen people up. Or I like to relate to the work on some level, connecting with people when giving feedback helps them feel more comfortable. I like when people connect with me when they are providing feedback to me. 

My peers in my PR classes have really helped me to feel more comfortable in taking feedback. I have learned that feedback is apart of life and it is only going to make my work the best that it can be. 

Comments

Popular Posts