Exploring Storybooks Favorites

This is a storybook (Photo by Unsplash).


When picking my three storybooks to explore I picked stories with titles that caught my attention right away. I feel that strong titles call me to stories that I know I will have an interest in so as I read the list of epic stories I selected the first three with titles that spoke to me.

The first storybook was called Dharma Queen. This story was so interesting and captivating. The introduction to the whole story is what really spoke to me and grabbed my attention. This story in particular is about a woman who has simply been floating through life and is looking for something more or something that is going to excite her again. After stumbling across the book Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert she was sparked with passion in life again. This book inspired her to go on an epic journey to India to find herself again. I connected to this story because it is truly something that I could see myself experiencing in life and found it so interesting to read about her journey to India. 

The second storybook that I chose to browse through was called Project Runway: Indian Epics Edition. The title of this storybook spoke to me immediately as I have always been a huge fan of the show Project Runway. The story is inspired by the show and features a final challenge that draws inspiration from the Indian Epics. The designers have to chose an epic that speaks to their design style and turn it into a clothing collection. The collections then get to be showcased at Indian Fashion Week and the winner will claim a number of phenomenal prizes. I enjoyed this storybook simply because of how creative and unique it was. This storybook followed all the real rules off the Project Runway show and really showcased the Indian Epics as well. I am honestly quite jealous of this idea and the development of this story because it is done really well. The uniqueness is what really sets this storybook apart from the others for me. 

My third storybook that I chose the explore was Epic Women Tell All, which I think is loosely based off the Women Tell All show that ABC does each season of the Bachelor. This is yet again a super creative story where powerful women from the Epics come on a television show to tell their stories. The writer even includes pauses in writing for commercial breaks and the host of the show shares the name of the host from the Bachelor. I like how it takes one show that many people have seen and really puts a spin on things. 

Comments

Popular Posts