Story Planning Post Week 14: The Greedy Corgi

The Greedy Corgi (Image By Me).

This week I decided to do a story planning post because I was not super super inspired to write an actual story. The story that I chose to write my planning post this week comes from The Giant Crab and Other Tales from Old India. I was more inspired by Spend A Pound To Win A Penny for my story planning post than my first reading from this week.

  • My story would incorporate my trickster puppy Waffle in the place of the greedy monkey. The monkey in the story I was inspired by was greedy and wanted to steal the peas from the men who were straining them. Waffle at times is greedy too and wants to eat Tootsies food along with her food. 
  • Tootsie does this thing when she gets sad where she does not eat her food until the very end of the day leaving Waffle to be under strict supervision to ensure that she does not eat Tootsies food too. 
  • My story would include Waffle sneaking around our couch to eat Tootsies food with no one noticing. After stuffing he face with all of Tootsies food I would have Waffle get caught by my mom, because she is the one who typically has to watch Waffle and make sure that she is not eating Tootsies food in the first place. 
  • Waffle would then proceed to try and stuff her face and run off all in one like the monkey did with the peas. Waffle would drop one piece of food out of her mouth in her mad dash away from my mom like the monkey dropped one single pea. This would then cause her mouth to open causing all the food to fall out. While my mom cleaned up the majority of all the food that Waffle dropped Waffle would attempt to go back for the first piece that fell. 
  • She would then realize if she had not focused on the single piece of food she would have been able to scarf the rest of the food before my mom was able to clean it all up. But just like the monkey in my inspiration story Waffle would learn that if she had not been so greedy and so focused on one piece she would have eaten the extra food. 
  • I think that this story would fit extremely well with Waffle and her personality. 

Comments

Popular Posts