Storytelling Week 11: Waffle the Destroyer

Waffle the destroyer (Image by Me).

This week I wanted to switch up my post and do a story planning post because I have not done one of these in a while and felt like a mix up was a good idea. I read a story from The Giant Crab and Other Tales from Old India this week that stood out and gave me some good ideas for a couple of different stories that I might be able to write with inspiration from the specific story I read this week. I read The Pious Wolf and it really seemed to stick out to me this week.

  • This was the first story from this semester that I read that was based on an animal that is directly related to dogs. For most people who have read my stories in the past or have embarked on my storybook project, they would know that my animals specifically my dogs have been the center of all my stories that I have had the chance to write.
  • This story provided me the ability to stick directly within my theme of writing about my dogs, but I would have written a story that was just about Waffle this week. 
  • In the story I read the wolf was trapped by a flood on the rock where he was sleeping, when he woke up he realized that he had been trapped by the high waters that surrounded him. When he realized that he was trapped it then crossed his mind that he would have no way of getting food, which seemed to be a problem except for the fact that it was Friday. 
  • In regards to this part of the story I would write about how Waffle was trapped in the kitchen of our house for almost 8 hours. She has a problem with destroying and ripping the stuffing out of her beds that she has been given, so I would punish her like the wolf was by taking away her stuffing filled bed for those 8 hours that she is trapped. 
  • I would ten incorporate some trickery that would happen from our very smart cat Skittle who might taunt her with a pillow, like the fairy taunted the wolf when she disguised herself as the kid. 
  • This story would allow Waffles mischievous side to be shown to the readers. I think that this would make for a very different story than those in the past that I have written about her and it would give her the chance to interact directly with Skittle in a story.

Comments

  1. I think you have some great ideas for a very interesting story. I really like how you incorporated your dog into the story. I thought that was a very creative way of developing an interesting plot. Using her own quirks such as her ripping stuff out of her beds. It was almost as if the story wrote itself just by observing your dog's actions. I look forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He Maddie! First off, I think this sounds like a great idea and could lead to a great story next week. I think I read your first story and really liked how the animals were the main characters. The imagination and creativity you put into the story really paid off. I bet this one will turn out just as good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts