Story Planning Post Week 13: The Poodle Is Not King

Tootsie the poodle who was never King (Image Source Me).

This week I decided to do a story planning post because I was not really wild or overly inspired by the two stories that I decided to read this week from the Jakata tales. The story that did have more on an impact on me is from Monday and it is from The Giant Crab and Other Tales from Old India. The story that I am using as inspiration for this weeks planning post is Why The Owl Is Not King of the Birds.

  • This story shows a real power struggle between the birds who do not have an elected to king and I think that this is something I could easily incorporate into my animals stories. 
  • I would use Tootsie, Waffle, Skittle and Hershey as my inspiration animals for this weeks story. 
  • I think that it would be cool to include some dialogue among my animals in this story because that is something I have yet to do. I always enjoy dialogue in a story and think that it is something that is so interesting when it is done between animals. 
  • My story would involve discussion among my animals in electing a animal King of the Owen household. The birds in the story that I used as my inspiration discussed who should be King and made what they believed to be the most logical King of the birds.
  • Like the story I used as inspiration I would also include a conflict between Skittle, my cat, and Tootsie, my dog. They have always struggled with power and who is smarter, it is funny to see that they always look like they are in competition with each other. So I think that this fits well with the conflict between the owl and the crow.
  • This would then lead to Waffle and Hershey having to discuss who would be the best option between the two of them for the King position. I would then have them elect Hershey as the King of the Owen household because he is the oldest and wisest. 
  • This story is the classic power struggle between two very head strong animals and I think that this is an interesting story to tell between household pets. 

Comments

  1. Hi Maddie,
    Wow, this story sounds like a great idea! I really hope you end up writing it. I like how you'll be using the elements from the original story, but also bringing in a personal perspective from a part of your life. That must make it much easier to write the story. I hope there's dialogue between the animals! That would be cute. I look forward to checking back in next week to see the progress of your story! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maddie! This sounds like it’s going to have a bit of humor, and a lot of cuteness! I look forward to reading this story. I think you can do a lot with the theme you are trying to portray. You could even have your dogs fight over something, and put them in some sort of competition like a dog show! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Tootsie is a dog but what kind of animals are your other characters? Dialog between animals is very interesting since in our world they can't talk at all. I really like your story planning I think it'll turn out great! If you need more inspiration you should definitely watch "The Secret Life of Pets" movie! I can't wait to read your finished story!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts