Reading Notes: The Giant Crab and Other Tales from Old India

The Monkey and the Peas (Image Source).

The story that I chose to read for part two of this week comes from The Giant Crab and Other Tales from Old India. I decided to read Spend A Pound To Win A Penny for my second reading because the title said nothing about animals so I was intrigued to see what animal this story was about. I am trying to find inspiration for this weeks story so maybe this one will inspire me.

  • Well it did not take long for the animal of the story to be revealed and it was a monkey. I always think that monkeys are going to be mischievous so we will see. 
  • Of course this monkey has plans to steal from the people who are streaming peas, when one gets distracted the monkey thinks it is time for him to make his move. 
  • He stuffed his mouth and his hands and quickly climbed up the tree. The best part of this whole story is that he dropped one and freaked out, causing all the peas in his hands and his mouth to fall. He did not even realize because he was so focused on the single pea that had fallen. 
  • The monkey got caught by the men looking for the one single pea that had fallen and was left with no peas. 
  • The monkey spent time learning that he should not be so greedy in the future or else he would have been able to eat peas for dinner that night. 
  • I got a good chuckle out of this story and think that I will use this one as my inspiration for my story telling post this week. I liked the humor and the lesson that the story had.  

Comments

Popular Posts