Story Planning Post Week 12: The Corgi and the Mixed Breed

The Jealous Eaters (Image by Me)
This week I decided to write a story planning post instead of writing an actual story. I was not too pleased with either of the stories that I read and do not feel like I could write a good story that pertains to my animals with inspiration from either of the two stories I read. If I had to write a story it would be inspired by the Ox Who Envied the Pig from  The Giant Crab and Other Tales from Old India.

  • The story would include my two dogs because a similar story regarding jealously has just happened with the two of them. 
  • The Ox was jealous of the pig who was getting to eat so much better than them, little did the ox know that the pig was getting fattened up to be killed. My story will not include any killing or anything dark like that. That is one thing from this weeks two readings that I did not like at all. 
  • My older dog Tootsie was recently put on a special food because of some health related problems, the funny thing is this special food is wet food that has to be kept in the fridge. 
  • The Owen family dogs have been well trained in the art of begging and getting people food hand outs so they know that people food comes from the fridge and the pantry. 
  • Our dogs are already fed separately because there have been some jealousy issues in the past, but this took feeding time to a whole new level. 
  • Waffle was so jealous of Tootsies special food that she would stand at the gate and listen to her eat, while her food bowl was full on her side of the gate. Waffle who is normally a ravenous beast was so jealous that Tootsie was getting special food that she would leave her bowl completely full until Tootsie was done eating because she was hopeful that she would get some of the special food. 
  • I would write a story that involved this jealousy over feeding time. But I would not include anything about the killing, I would maybe include a different take where they explained to Waffle that Tootsie was having health issues. 

Comments

  1. Hi Maddie,
    This is a wonderful idea. And how funny that you are able to incorporate a personal experience into this story! I think you have done a really good job in really outlining the characters involved, the plot line, and how you plan to keep some of the same elements from the original story. I really hope you do end up writing this story, because I would definitely come back to your page to read it. This all looks wonderful, and I am excited to see what you come up with! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts