Week 8 Reflections

Reflecting on this semester so far (Image Source).


Readings

  • I have really enjoyed my choices in reading so far. I think that my tactic of picking one or two of the shorter stories from the weeks readings has helped to pick stories that I would be happy to rewrite or recreate. 
  • The Ramayana readings were definitely my favorite so far, I thought that the story line developed in a great way and kept the reader interested throughout our two weeks of reading. 
  • My reading schedule is good I typically read on Mondays and Tuesdays, if I do not have a super busy week I will read both the weeks assigned readings on Mondays. 
  • My reading notes have been super helpful in developing a story. I think short bullet point notes work best. I always pick out elements from the stories that I really like.

Writing
  • I am more than pleased with the stories that I have written so far this semester. I have learned that my writing style is very versatile, I always thought I would be a formal writer. This class has taught me that my writing style can be more along the lines of storytelling if I really want it to be. 
  • When I have a question in regards to writing I always ask my friend Julia who is also a PR major if something sounds funny or if I cannot get a sentence to flow in the right way. 
  • I am so excited with my choice to write the Storybook project, I think that this is one of my most creative projects in all of college. 
  • My story ideas are pretty set in stone with what professor Gibbs and I had discussed in the planning weeks of the project. I am looking forward to writing the actual stories and expressing my more creative side. 
  • I really would like to try and weave some dialogue into my stories because that is something that I have not really attempted at all this semester. 

Connecting 
  • I love reading all the different stories and seeing all the different writing styles that we have in this class. I have also enjoyed getting to read peoples introductions, I think that these posts give people the opportunity to express themselves in a way a typical in class introduction would not let you. I have also learned so much more about my classmates through the online introductions than I feel like I ever would have learned in a classroom setting. 
  • To provide better feedback throughout the rest of the semester I think that I am going to try and pick some more specific details from people stories to talk about in my feedback comments. 


Comments

  1. Hi Maddie! I agree that bullet points when making reading notes help rather than writing paragraphs because you can easily skip to the notes that are most pertinent. I've never asked a friend to help me out with my writing assignments because I'm too scared to show anyone anything until it's the final product haha but after learning that you ask your friend for ideas, maybe I can do the same too! I agree that this class allows us to learn more about our classmates than normal classrooms! That's the great thing about this course! The only time that I've actually interacted with the majority of my peers in other classes is during syllabus day where we have to do the "name major and year" thing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts