Reading Notes: The Giant Crab and Other Tales from Old India

The Talkative Tortoise (Image Source),

I think that I am choosing to do a focused reading in the coming weeks. I have found a book that has stories I really appreciate and enjoy reading so focusing on this one project for my upcoming reading notes seems to be a good idea. I also think that these stories will help me with my storybook project and the development of those stories as well. The book that I chose to focus on is The Giant Crab and Other Tales from Old India. The story that I am going to be taking my reading notes on today is the Talkative Tortoise.

  • In this story there is an overly talkative tortoise, who seems to be angering the fish that live in the pond where he also lives. I like that he can talk day in and day out, he never seems to shut up according to the fish. 
  • The tortoise only has two friends who are nice to him and that is a pair of geese. Even though the geese seem to know he annoys the other fish that live in the pond they never get annoyed with him. 
  • The geese even offer to help take him to a safe place where he will be able to talk all he wants and not bother anyone or annoy the fish any longer. But the tortoise must be able to not talk for the duration of their trip since it involves him keeping quiet while they fly him to a new location. 
  • The tortoise though cannot keep his mouth shut and ultimately pays the prices for his constant talking even though all he had to do was listen to his friends the geese. 
  • I like this story because even though someone seems to be the biggest annoyance to a group of others there were still two people who chose to be nice to him. I think that the geese were my favorite characters because they showed compassion and were nice to the tortoise. 

Comments

Popular Posts