Reading Notes: The Giant Crab and Other Tales from Old India


The mischievous monkey (Image Source).


Today I decided to take my reading notes on another story from the The Giant Crab and Other Tales from Old India. The story that I decided to read for todays reading notes was The Monkeys and the Gardener.

  • This story starts out very descriptive and informative of the surroundings in the garden where the monkeys live. 
  • The monkeys are able to talk to the gardener, which is something that I really like. It is important to have that communication between the characters in the stories so that the reader is able to see the interaction. 
  • I liked in this story how the gardner reached out to the monkeys for help to watch his garden while he is away on vacation. He rationalizes with them saying that he has helped them by providing them with fruit from his garden. 
  • The monkeys of course fail at taking care of the garden and the gardener was very upset to see his wilting plants. He then learned that he had been a fool to think that monkeys could watch over his garden while he was away. 
  • This story was great because there was a life lesson that was learned by the gardner and I liked that he realized something at the end of this story. 
  • Stories with lessons are always so much more interesting to read and follow along with than just stories that are always happy go lucky. 
  • I also liked that the monkeys in this story were mischievous because I feel like that is always how monkeys are. 

Comments

Popular Posts