Story Planning Week 7

The great story telling corgi (Photo by Me). 

This week I decided I would give the story planning post another try. I did this type of post in week 5 and do not feel like I executed it in the best way possible. I chose to read the Mongoose short story from part D of the Mahabharata because I enjoyed the title of this story.

  • If I were to use this story as inspiration for a story of my own I would definitely change the character of the mongoose to be my corgi puppy Waffle. I have stuck with a theme throughout my stories this semester of including my animals in some way so I thought that this would be the perfect swap of characters. 
  • The mongoose tells a very short and to the point story, so the story that Waffle would tell would be very similar to the story that the mongoose told in the original story. I think that it is important to include some elements from the original story so I think this is where I would stick to draw direct inspiration. 
  • I also think it might be interesting to put a more modern spin on this story. I think that by changing the characters that already brings a more modern feel to the whole idea of my own story. But I also think changing some of the original names from the story to be more modern would also help readers think that my version of the story draws modern elements. 
  • I would like to add some dialogue to my story as well. I think that dialogue among characters is so important in giving the reader a picture of what is going on in the story. I really enjoy reading dialogue and when else can you write a story where humans talk to a corgi?

The story that I drew inspiration from is Mongoose from the Mahabharata part D. 

Comments

  1. Hello Maddie, I am looking forward in reading your story! I like it when the Ramayana or the Mahabharata is turned into some kind of modern setting. I can imagine things better when it takes place in these kind of setting! It is cute that your corgi puppy name is Waffle. I agree with you that it is good to include dialogues into the story because too much description can make the story becomes dense (which I also have trouble with most of the time). Overall, I will be looking forward to reading your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to reading this story! I think it's hilarious and awesome that you are planning on changing the mongoose to your corgi. The thing I like most about that is that your corgi's name is waffle, I can't think of a better name!. I love corgis and wish I had one. It will be interesting to see the dialogue that you add to your story. I'm sure it will come out amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts